GO FAGL GO

Welcome. These are called mixes. If you like the artists, go buy their music. I might do that too! More likely, if you like the artist, go see their live show.

Monday, November 19, 2007

The Pirnce

This week I was unable to devote much time to the art, as you can tell. I did this in about 4 minutes from finding the picture of the Mach, to transferring my face to it. Whatever. I had to write a paper comparing the role of fear in Hobbes' Leviathan to Mach's The Prince, so I had it on the brain. Anyway, what's important.

The music:
I'd already completed an early of this mix about 1.75 weeks ago, but with trying to keep a consistent release schedule, I held it off. Glad I did, in those 1.75 weeks, I added new music to the hard drives and kept changing this mix. This is version 5.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tracks
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Standouts and general info:

The Holy Fuck track is pretty cool. They're an organic rock band that makes music that emulates electronic music. heh
Another Justice DANCE remix, but this one is special considering who is on it. or maybe that's what makes it not so special. I like Spank's initial verse, but the rest is ehhhh...
Elzhi is amazing, nothing new there.
The Fink track is enjoyable. He sounds very similar to Mike Doughty of Soul Coughing fame.
I was rewatching the first season of Curb Your Enthusiasm recently and "Still Crazy..." was featured in the ep and made me want to download it. Did so and it's been on repeat ever since.
The Burial track is insane to me. I can't describe what I love about it, but whenever it comes on in the car I can't go to the next track without listening to it about 4 times in a row(unless someone else is in the car). I only recently discovered that the vocal samples are from Ray J's "One Wish" and my mind was blown. How the hell...?

The Album Leaf track is beautiful. Who would expect less?

and the final track from Avey Tare(of Animal Collective) and his wife, Kria Brekkan(formerly of Mum) is indeed a strange one, but a good one to end on.

I feel confident about this mix. It's all over the place, as usual, but enjoyable. I hope you feel the same.

No comments: