GO FAGL GO

Welcome. These are called mixes. If you like the artists, go buy their music. I might do that too! More likely, if you like the artist, go see their live show.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Two Kings

I got the inspiration for the title/cover while driving past Graceland yesterday. It started out as a terrible idea for a tattoo, then morphed into this. It was also originally Jesus and Elvis. Anyhow, I hope you'll enjoy this mix. There are some fairly interesting songs on it. I quite enjoy the Atlas Sound(Bradford Cox of Deerhunter) track with Noah Lennox (Panda Bear of Animal Collective) opener. The Elvis Perkins track is a remake of one of his songs off of the "In Dearland" album. I don't know how I missed A Place TO Bury Stranger's cover of Holy Fuck's "Lovely Allen" back in May, but I did. That's definitely my favorite Holy Fuck song. I tried to place some lesser known bands on here such as Brite Lite Brite, Sweet Trip, Church, and a local favorite, The Bulletproof Vests. Ezra Furman plays the Hi Tone in November, I initially got onto the Elliott Smith track again as it was sampled in RJD2's "Ghostwriter" track. RJ fans, see if you can spot it. I am loving the Rae track. The Neil Young I'm somewhat sure you've heard before, but is off of a recent Remaster.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

All around a decent mix. I never know what to say about the tracks. Form your own opinion and lemme know.

No comments: