GO FAGL GO

Welcome. These are called mixes. If you like the artists, go buy their music. I might do that too! More likely, if you like the artist, go see their live show.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Rainbow Urine Makes Them Cry

I know...absurd titles and covers, but I was feeling frisky. I know that a good portion of these are new or unheard of artists, but I tried to balance that with a few old favorites(my favorite songs from The Violent Femmes and Of Montreal. With the re-issue of Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space, I felt it was necessary to add in some SPiritualized).

Of the notable noobs, Sumach is also known as recent buzzed artist Gonja Sufi, the track from Primary 1 features Nina Persson of The Cardigans on vocals, and Nice Nice is a recent signee to Warp records with lesser experimental tinges of Battles.

Overall, you'll find both garage rock and dubstep are missing. I flavored more with dashes of electro instead. Neither of these are themed/genre-aligned and thusly the Snoop Dogg track kind of feels out of place. I feel that a good portion of these tracks are exceptional, and hope that you do agree. Enjoy some Rainbow Urine and Makes Them Cry!

Rainbow Urine:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Makes Them Cry:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

As Always, thoughts and comments are appreciated and considered.

No comments: