GO FAGL GO

Welcome. These are called mixes. If you like the artists, go buy their music. I might do that too! More likely, if you like the artist, go see their live show.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

...a good nordic husband

Marry, put make up on, take salsa dancing classes with, go to the circus with, dress up in drag, or listen to this mix with! The title was my variation on a suggestion for the title from reader Pinkie. Also, thanks to reader Roger for the cover photograph suggestion. This mix is fairly minimal(as in not in excess of 20 tracks), and is comprised of stuff I was listening to up to two weeks ago and then new stuff from Sunday forward(unnecessary details). Anyhow, a lot of it is electronic with some garagey-noisy tracks thrown in for measure and lovability. The Duran Duran song is a re-discovered favorite thanks to the Greenburg soundtrack(I left out all of the James Murphy tracks lol). Trust me when I say that the soundtrack isn't worth it. My bright moments from it were Duran Duran and finding out that Steve Miller's "Jet Airliner" is a good song to cook to.

I would like to take this chance to apologize for last week's delay. I may push for a new mix next Tuesday. I'll have to see. Might be overload.

Starkey's album, Ear Drums and Black Holes has been peeling off layers of my face for the past few weeks. If you want it, GO HERE !
I got onto Here We Go Magic only recently as I was looking up the artists playing Primavera Sound 2010. The whole of the new Caribou album, Swim, is great. I also highly suggest Tanlines' Settings EP. The new MGMT runs like an old Kinks album. I'm proud of them for making an anti-pop album.

If you want to know how to pirate something, go here: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=caribou+swim+mediafire
I used the Caribou album as an example. From that google page, look for a link that is actually form mediafire, then YOU STRIKE! Grab it all, babes.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

as always, I encourage you to tell me what you loved, hated, or growled at.

No comments: