GO FAGL GO

Welcome. These are called mixes. If you like the artists, go buy their music. I might do that too! More likely, if you like the artist, go see their live show.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It's Miller Time!

Welcome back, all! I'm excited for this installment. It features a varied selection of sounds, as well as a few old goodies(the Polaris track you'll probably recognize if you were around in the early-mid 90s). The background of the cover is a picture I took in Miller Valley during my recent trip to Milwaukee. The foreground is just random crap from my hard drive that I have accumulated over the past months. The people with the dogs are wearing clothing made from dog fur. How fun is that?

Now to talk about the music:
Favorites for me are Maps & Atlases, Theophilus London's snazzy reworking of The Very Best's "Julia", my roommate's remix of 8 Ball and MJG's "Don't Flex", Fanfarlo, the sunny sonic slopes of Sleepy Sun, and that new Sleigh Bells single. While I say those are my favorites, I really quite enjoy a good 7/8 of these. A few of these are singles from Record Store Day.

Weird tidbit: The producer of Sleigh Bells used to be the lead guitarist in Poison the Well(the Po Th We track that's on here is from 2002). Mark the difference.

Anyhow, here's the music: Click either picture to download the mix.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Let me know what you think!

<3,
FAGL Rock

No comments: