GO FAGL GO

Welcome. These are called mixes. If you like the artists, go buy their music. I might do that too! More likely, if you like the artist, go see their live show.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

What is it with four panels and FAGL?

Good question. Maybe I'm just sinking into easy habits.
Meh
This mix is loud. Starts off loud, middles in loudness and kinda flutters into dissonance toward the end. Lots of great punk and post punk, psych covers, soft and loud garage, stoner rock, etc.
highlights~
Disappears is one of the dudes from the Ponys and two dudes from the Boas.
Wire's new album is great, as is Smash. They flex it for some old guys.
Personal and the Pizzas I found out about during Gonerfest of this past year, but wasn't reminded of the album again until around New Years.
Bare Wires is ex-Memphian, now Oaklander Matt Meldon. He's also been a part of Snake Flower 2 as well as releases under his own name.
Natural Child gets down with Jeff the Brotherhood. That should be enough to entice you.
The Ty Segall/JEFF the Bro tracks are froma split between the two.
I don;t think there's anything insanely original about Thought Creature, but I seriously cannot stop playing their record. It's so catchy and snotty.
Ilitch is older than I am and I love it.
Nods to The Barbaras(who have now spread into the wind as members of The Magic Kids, Wavves, and Girls of the Gravitron, as well as Billy Hayes solo material). Prolific dudes, all of them.
I know little about Tera Melos, but I find the repetitive chorus to be infectious.
Zach Hill(drummer of HELLA) is featured on the Robby Moncrieff album.

Yes, I realized that I just talked about a lot of material, but it's hard to not find something you really like out of 27 tracks...

Without further GASFASmjsdrgdx:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Enjoy your weekend. Cuddle up on the couch with a mug of chili and some milk and play this loud enough to piss off your neighbor 3 houses(equal to 5 apartments) down. (Particularly Daughters and OFF!)

No comments: