GO FAGL GO

Welcome. These are called mixes. If you like the artists, go buy their music. I might do that too! More likely, if you like the artist, go see their live show.

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Hyde's Clouds

I'm in love with this mix. It usually takes me longer than a week to collect one that I'm really proud of. I guess it's been a good week. Once again, I had to go back to Lost Sounds. I officially stopped pirating their shit this week when I bought a vinyl copy of the self titled album(which "Ophelia" is from). Future of the LEft is 2/3 of the Welsh band, Mclusky(whom I adore and advise you to check out). Blockhead is a producer from NYC who has done much work with Aesop Rock on albums such as Float, Labor Days to current. Santogold caught my ear recently being bumped from downstairs. I really liked the sounds. Shit is crazy. The MIA track was ripped from Diplo's Pitchfork Mix. I wasn't able to find the version with Bun B and Rich Boy anywhere else. Bat For Lashes was found on Kanye West's blog. I'd never heard them(her), but this video turned me on.

Odd Nosdam(of cLOUDDEAD fame) has released a new album on anticon. The track included here is from said album and features Why?. The Sky Patrol is a local DJ/Producer that I've been enjoying recently. Holly Golightly will be playing the Hi-Tone on October 19. The Harmony Brothers are a local band that I've been getting into. This is my favorite of the tracks from Ttheir myspace page.

anyhow, I hope you enjoy this. I've burnt it for my car and it won't come out for a while. Starts off garage/nasty ish, then shifts to more beat oriented music then off into wonderland/purgatory before coming down in a most unsettled, yet funky manner.


The Mediafire page where the Mix is split in 2!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments: